Have you ever heard someone say “I don’t like Trader Joe’s”???? If you have, you don’t need that kind of negativity in your life! Trader Joe’s is one of my favorite places for the necessities, the seasonal goodies (hello pumpkin cream cheese), and the guilty pleasures. Here is a list of some of my TJ’s favorites, some are even Brandon approved!
- Flowers- Can you tell I am a sucker for fresh flowers? TJ’s always has the best seasonal picks – and at a cheap price, too.
- Dried Fruit- Specifically, dried mandarins. I recently discovered these and I have no idea how I’ve survived without them. If you like dried fruit these are perfect to keep in your purse. I do this so I can eat a couple when my blood sugar gets a little low and I start to get cranky. They are also great when you have that sugar craving (I have a crazy sweet tooth) and want something sweet without eating a full dessert.
- Trail Mix- My personal favorite is the almonds, dried cherries, cashews, and dark chocolate mix. I also like to buy the almond, cashew, and dark chocolate one as a base for my own fruit and nut mix (I became addicted after watching Sarah’s Day) . I add dried blueberries, dried cherries, and (unsweetened) coconut chips.
- Sunflower Seed Butter- I don’t eat peanut butter (*gasp* I know) so this is a great substitute. I put it on rice cakes with some sliced banana or honey. Yum. I also keep a jar at the office and will put it on Dave’s Killer Bread (Costco buy).
- Salad Mixes- for some reason I don’t love making my own salads. They just don’t taste the same. Trader Joe’s has great pre-packaged salads that I can split up for lunches or make when my sisters come over for dinner!
- Riced Broccoli and Cauliflower- Sooooo good as a rice substitute!
- Pre-Marinated Meat- Lemon Rosemary Chicken, Carne Asada, and more. So delicious and so easy to prepare!
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi- This is in the frozen foods and it is one of those things I wish I could eat every day. I am not the biggest fan of sweet potatoes but the buttery/herby goodness of the sauce is too hard to pass up as a special treat.
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets- another frozen food favorite. I eat these when I am in a pinch for dinner, and Brandon likes them!
- Green Dragon Hot Sauce- so spicy but the flavor is so good. I am a complete wimp when it comes to spicy food, but this sauce adds just the right amount of kick to almost any meal.
- Salsa Autentica- I looooove this salsa with chips, in burrito bowls, on chicken, on eggs, mixed in with some brown rice, the list goes on and on. It is another thing that is almost too spicy for me but the flavor makes it worth it.
- Soups- one of my favorite comfort meals is grilled cheese and tomato soup, and TJ’s has the best tomato soup! I keep a couple of these in stock for emergency situations.
Trader Joe’s has so many hidden gems, it’s hard to pick just a few favorites! What are some of your TJ must haves?